July 19, 2014

I just want all the peas to disappear

I started this post back in 2013 sometime...I don't know why I didn't finish at the time. Most likely it was the calling of my four beautiful blessings:). But - this seemed so appropriate for the past couple days. While we were sitting around the dinner table eating our food - Johnathon in a very matter of a fact way just says.."I just want all the peas to disappear". See, for Johnathon the peas are one thing he knows he has to eat to finish his plate and to go play, but he can't stand them...yet the yearn for play time is written all over his face and in this statement. How true buddy..how I wish I could make all of our peas disappear. But as any momma would say I said "veggies make us stronger and our bodies need them to grow. So eat up so you can play."

Right now I feel slightly like how my son felt in that moment. Our peas have been working and mounting up to the point that there seems no end in sight to the amount of spoons it will take to get all the peas off of the plate. Sometimes I  look over and everything in me wishes to go play and toss my peas without getting caught. Yet, I know my father is telling me...April these tasks are good for you. They are molding you, shaping you changing you..but more importantly you're doing what I've called you do to. You want to see the impossible..well first you need to eat your peas..be diligent..be strong..work hard and in my case drink chi tea:). God is so good isn't he. He knows that rule to work hard and play hard. He gives endurance when you think you are done, He shows up just when I might puke with one more spoon full. Writing this just lead me to one of my hubby's favorite verses and is so fitting so I shall end with God's words..because they are truly words of life.So for all of my other pea fighting friends...
"Fight the good Fight of Faith, lay hold of the eternal life that you are called to and have professed before many witnesses." 1 Tim 6:13
Here's some cute pics to look at as I hadn't posted in so long and the fight part just fit it:)!






No comments: