September 24, 2013

Getting it together

As most know..I am a lover of all things spontaneous and fun, but as we decided to have 4 kiddos the fun really happens mostly when planned. I am learning to love being organized. This is a trait I do not come by naturally at ALL. I have loathed scheduling and living by discipline. Yet, in scripture it's repeated all the time. Basically wisdom comes from discipline...patience comes from discipline....God disciplines those he loves (ok different type..but still). Eisenstein was one of the most creative minds, yet he was disciplined enough to keep trying and stay focused to succeed. How I want my kiddos to learn to love discipline and stick with it even when they don't love it..but man it's hard to teach them while I'm teaching me!! So, I'm writing this because this week (and yes it's Tuesday) has thus far proven victorious. We have gotten our school work done, I have charted the kiddos on chores, we have read every night, taken baths, had meals cleaned house and currently all of my laundry is still done and put up since Sunday (with only currently 1 to 2 loads per day)..and yet with this discipline we have had a time to have fun. We went to the park today to work on some of our homework...of course admittedly I'm horrible at saying stay there at the table and work while there are swings and fun stuff around..but we finished up this evening after karate. We have carved two pumpkins in our play time. Saturday I planned a day of fun to go hiking, then off to the parsons science museum for pirate day and to the park...of course burger king had to be in there too:). Planned a day. That's new to me and I must say it's working. Like I'm shocked scripture is right along with every productive person study I know. But really...it's taken me this long to get on board. Maybe having the 4th kiddo finally did me in or realizing I couldn't just wing it and make it anymore. Or that my old lifestyle fit my old life and that's not what I or my family need in this new life we are creating. So, here's to discipline and schedules and the hopes I can carry on for the rest of the week victoriously...then maybe I'll venture for a month and it's 21 days to habit, right? Who knew?:)














No comments: